Friday, May 16, 2008

Mum

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

Today we remember the life of a dearly loved wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunty, nana, cousin, friend and fellow Christian. My Mum - Rhonda Stobie.

It's hard to believe that it's been four years since Mum passed away. It's gone so quickly. She suffered for a number of years with cancer, until God called her home to glory on the 16th of May, 2004.

She was a beautiful woman who loved the Lord and her family dearly. She was, and continues to be an inspiration to many. Her passion for God was contagious. You couldn't help but become passionate because of her.

She was very brave right through her illness and continued to rely on our God for strength. She was a mighty prayer warrior who prayed for absolutely everything. I miss her dearly. We were very close, more than just a mother and son, but best friends and she was amazingly instrumental in my journey with God.

I have very fond memories of my Mum, memories that I will cherish forever. I'm thankful for the time I got to have her for and I look forward to the day when we will be reunited in glory with our great God.

I love you Mum! Miss you heaps! xoxox

3 comments:

Heart to God, Hand to Man said...

I too lost my mum to cancer, 18 months ago - 16th Nov 2006. As I read your words, I can picture my mum and identify with the example of your mum. They have heard God say "Well done good and faithful servant". Thank-you for bringing these memories today. I pray for you in your grief. Allan

Pete Brookshaw said...

Bless you Aaron. Hope you're well. Thanks for the blog on your mum. She was definitely as inspiration to many!

Sarah Eldridge said...

Thinking of you Aaron... your mum would be very very proud of you gorgeous man!