Sunday, July 27, 2008

MSS & SSS!

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

I had THE most amazing weekend this weekend!

It was the 21st birthday of the Melbourne Staff Songsters, and to help them celebrate, their friends the Sydney Staff Songsters came down to Melbourne for the weekend to share in God-glorifying worship that stirred, encouraged and motivated the troops!!

Saturday night there was a concert at the Waverley Temple Corps! It was amazing! At one stage there was the MSS, SSS and past members of the MSB singing and it was the fullest songster brigade sound I have ever heard.

Songs included 'I am not ashamed', 'For the beauty of the earth', 'You are not alone', 'I'm gonna rise (when the Son comes down)', 'How great is our God', 'The Hallelujah Chorus' and many, many more!

Graeme Press (Sydney Staff Songster leader) mentioned a number of times that singing to God is their love language. Can I say that, that really resonated with me. I believe that singing is my love language. It's one of the ways I worship, and one of the ways I hear God. He inspires me through it, and He challenges and encourages me through singing!

I love You Lord,
And I lift my voice.
To worship You,
O my soul, rejoice.
Take joy my King,
In what You hear.
May I be a sweet, sweet sound.
In Your ear!

The prayer of my heart!

1 comment:

jan magor said...

I have already chatted to you about this weekend. It was amazing and full of blessings. If anyone doubted the power of music for worship, clearly wasn't there Saturday night!