Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kids Ministry

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

College has started back for 2008 - Praise the Lord! All the first year cadets have started moving in and it's very exciting. I love meeting new people and hearing about their journey and getting to know them better.

On Wednesday we had some Officers come in and we shared in Prophetic prayer for each other. I was prophesied over by a Senior Officer, and it was an amazing prophecy. I'll share more on that soon, once I chew on it some more. Prayer is so vital for Christians. We need to stay in constant relationship with our Great God, in order to see what His will is for us, for our ministries and for our movement.

While I was at Summer Camp - God really spoke to me. Some might think it's funny that God might speak to a leader at a kids summer camp, but He did. This will probably come as no surprise to some of you. But I believe Kids and family ministries will be a huge part of future ministry for me. I'm passionate about kids coming to know Jesus as their Lord, Saviour and Special Friend. I'm passionate about kids relying on God in everything they go through. I'm passionate about kids telling their friends about Jesus and how much they love Him. I'm passionate about discipling kids and teaching them more about our Triune God. I'm passionate about Kids reaching their potential in Christ. It gets me SO excited!

God give me oppurtunity to disciple kids! Continue to grow this passion with in me to see kids come to know you. Train me in this area. Help me in this area. Anoint me in this area. You are faithful! I love You Lord! Hallelujah! Amen.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Aaron, here's a blast from the past. What a blessing to finally read your past & current blogs! Praise God you're still on fire (& firing volleys!).

Its great you feel passionate about kids' ministries too. I was a Youth Mentor last year at Wagga & am praying to get involved in Christian discipleship soon. Unfortunately, Pete & I are the youngest at our new corps in Sale. So we'll have to pray the kids in first!!

I think of & pray for you often & never forget those days around the piano. love & blessings from
Heather Boreham

radspank said...

Great words mate.
Too often we underestimate the value of kids ministry. We overlook their ability to comprehend the spiritual. And we forget that Jesus himself said that the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like children (Matt 19:14)
It's so important!
Bless you - Nath

Linda said...

"if you are building a local church that's committed to reaching unchurched parents and children, there's no better place to put your engery than into your children's ministry. Your ability to reach seekers is directly related to how well you care for their children."
Bill Hybels
Go for it Aaron I have always believed children are our future.
Linda

Darren Lamotte said...

Hi Aaron.At Connections Commissioner Joe Norland really hit home to me just how important it is to minister to our youth with some amazing statistics.I think you can check them out on the Connections page.
Look forward to seeing you in the first couple of weeks of feb when we are at college for the first of our intensives.
We pray for you regularly and believe God has great things in store for you and your ministry.
God Bless, Darren