Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Summer Camp & More!

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

The last week of my holidays were absolutely amazing! I was at a Kids Summer Camp in Healesville. There, I joined a magnificant team of capable leaders to share and sow in the lives of 62 kids referred from our Social centres around Eastern Victoria Division.

These kids were beautiful. They were energetic. They (mostly) loved life and they all had a fabulous time at camp.

I can only imagine what some of these kids have gone through in their very short lives and my heart goes out to them still, even now. I miss them already.

I've been praying for a little while now, the line "God, break my heart with what breaks yours..." I want a pure heart, a clean heart, a heart like God's. He is faithful. Your prayers for this would be appreciated.

But now, Holidays are over and I'm officially a Second Year Cadet. In the early Salvos, they used to call Second year Cadets, Senior Cadets....well I'm hardly senior, but found that amusing. I'm looking forward to wlecoming all of the Prayer Warriors Session into College. I'm excited about their obedience to God and His call on their life.

I'm in College for about a month, until they send me interstate on Out-Placement for 3 months. I find out on the 10th of Feb where they are sending me, and then leave in the last week of Feb.

Exciting times ahead!

God, we praise You for all You are! You are all we need, let us trust continually in You. We're an Army, bound for Glory. Lord You reign! Hallelujah! Amen!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations 'Senior' Cadet! (Big emphasis on the quotation marks there :P)

Hurry Up 10th of Feb!! The further you go, the bigger the party! WOO! Joking!! Apparently Im going to be lost with out you? hahaha hmmm

Gods gonna send you some place great, and he has much planned for you mister!

Many blessings.
Amy
xx

radspank said...

Stobinator,

Great blog buddy, I'm enjoying reading it. There seems to be lots of good stuff being written by our fellow Salvo brothers and sisters too. Was that the same camp my Ressie buddies helped lead at? I've done similar camps, and there's always 1 or 2 kids you just wanna take home with you so they don't have to go back to their normal life...

Anyhoo, gots me a new blog up and running. Have a looksy some time - Nath