Friday, February 22, 2008

Family

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

Yesterday (Thursday) I had a day off before starting today at the Harry Hunter Rehabilitation Centre.

To cut a long story short, recently we made contact with some extended family on my Dad's side. Dad has a cousin who lives in South Australia and some other relatives in Bunbury, WA. I got their numbers and emails and began contact and found out that my relatives from South Australia were going to be in WA for 10 days while I am over here.

So yesterday, I headed on a 2 and a bit hour drive to Bunbury and for the very first time I met a Great Uncle, 2 Great Aunties, 2 2nd Cousins and their partners and 6 3rd cousins. It was such a beautiful day. We all went out on a speed boat in the ocean and we went crabbing and it was just such a blessing to meet family, we will keep in much closer contact from now on.

Today I'm heading off to Camp in Busselton, I come back Monday. It will be a great oppurtunity for me to get to know all the clients at H.H. I'm praying for you and miss you all lots!

God, I thank You so much for family! I thank You that You gave me the oppurtunity to meet some of my family for the first time. Lord would You bless them immensley. I love them and I love You! Please bless the time at camp and may I form some great friendships! Hallelujah! Amen.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ah now the msg makes much more sense :)

you didnt drive yourself there, did you mister? lol

Missin ya
xoxox

Darren Lamotte said...

It is good to hear that things went well. Have a great time in WA we miss seeing you around and Sue misses the early morning exercise.

Have fun,learn heaps and enjoy what God has in store for you.

Amy said...

Your gonna have to change my link soon to 'Soldier Amy Peters' :D yay! Although, I do like being first on the list lol.

Read my blog if you havent already!
xx