Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Western Australia!!!

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

Well, here I am - In Western Australia!

I had a brilliant flight, the views were amazing and I was unexpectedly blessed by the food on the plane. God is good.

Captains Ken & Leanne Smith picked me up from the airport, so that was great to have some familiar faces. My unit is fabulous and the weather is just fantastic. Perhaps I'll come back with a tan?

I'm excited about what God is going to do during my time here. I'm praying that God will positively exceed my expectations, and I'm believing that He will be faithful in doing that! Hallelujah!

Tomorrow I've got orientation day at the Baptist Theological College (BTC). It should be great fun. For those who don't know, while I'm in W.A. I'll be studying Biblical Hebrew, so learning the language that the Old Testament was written in. I'm so excited at the idea of getting right down to understanding and reading the fullness of the Old Testament in it's original form and am interested in seeing just how much of the original form we lose when we read it in and translate it to english.

Thursday is a day off before I officially start @ Harry Hunter on Friday. We're going on a camp for the weekend, so that's awesome. It will be a great way to get to know the guys.

It's my prayer that you're all going strong in the Lord and that He is blessing you abundantly! Would love to hear from you all, so email, msg, call etc. It'd be great!

God, remind us that we are ALWAYS in your presence because You are everywhere! Thank you for Your promise in the book of Joshua where you encourage us to be strong and courageous and to not be terrified because You are will us wherever we go! We love You God the Father, We love You God the Son, We love You God the Holy Spirit. We give You praise and glory! Hallelujah! Amen.

2 comments:

Kathleen Pearce said...

Stobes!!

I didn't kow you were over here! We'll have to catch up some time.

I hope God RICHLY blesses your time in our great state, at Harry's, learning Hebrew, and getting a TAN!

Great grace Stobes, don't be a stranger! :D

radspank said...

I've always wanted to know how to say this phrase in Hebrew:

"He's not the messiah! He's a very naughty boy!"

If you could give me the translation upon your return, I would be most grateful!