Saturday, February 16, 2008

GraceWorks!!!!

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

It was my privilege today to serve some of the greatest people in the world - women!

Today was the second and final day of the Territorial Women's Conference, GraceWorks. I'm terrible with numbers, but I estimate that there were more than 300 women who attended GraceWorks to experience God and to seek His will. They were women of all ages from all works of life, joining together, unified in their praise and gratitude to our great God.

I was out the back for most of the day and then had the honour of serving the women morning tea and lunch. So whilst I did not hear a lot of what was said during the sessions, I am confident that they were blessed immensely. The worship was amazing! It was lead confidently and capably by Michelle Kay and a lot of the teaching was taught by Commissioner Nancy Moretz. Along with her husband, they are Territorial Commanders in a division within America. When I got the chance to hear the singing, I was blessed. More than 300 women singing their hearts out to the Lord - What an amazing blessing! It was truly amazing! Some of the special musical items were the women from the MSS (Melbourne Staff Songsters) worshipped the Lord through the singing of a number of songs.

Another musical item was the fabulous Pho girls! Miriam, Naomi & Hannah sang and Phoebe played beautifully on the keyboard. These four girls love the Lord and they are four of the most talented people I have ever met. The women were truly blessed as the Pho sisters sang their praises to God. Hallelujah!

There was a certain buzz around the place and it really was exciting. The guys that served the women got to wear pink ties..haha I even wore my black and white rock 'n' roll shoes! It truly was an honour to serve the women in this way. While it blessed me immensely, I pray that it was a special blessing to the women. I pray that they felt incredibly special as they were all the guests of honour! All glory and honour and praise goes to our great God!

Women of the Territory and the World - Thank you SO much for all you do. For all your love, support, guidance and leadership. We celebrate you everyday and we reap the blessings of your faithfulness to God. I pray that God blesses you all richly! Congratulations to God and all the women in the various women's ministries that organized this day! I thank God for you each!

These women are transformed by the Gospel of Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit and are always celebrating God! HALLELUJAH!!!

3 comments:

Johnmark said...

Stobes your such a classic! So the Moretz's are TERRITORIAL COMMANDERS of an American DIVISION? - Interesting!!

Your blog makes my laugh everytime man, God Bless you for that!

JM

jan magor said...

and thank you Cadet Stobie for so capably serving lunch and making us 'girls' feel so special. It really was an amazing day and I was incredibly blessed by the whole day. Our love and prayers are with you as you head to WA, we will miss you......keep in touch

Robyn Clinch said...

And why not, JM?! Stobie is so refreshing in how he addresses people in the right way - not necessarily the orthodox way!!! This is one way we can raise the bar - no matter which country... whoohoo!!!

Bring it on Stobes and have a great time in WA.

Territorial Commanders, Divisional Commanders, yay!!!!!!!!!!!!