Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good Friday!

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

Yesterday was a powerful day!

We had Chapel yesterday morning at Harry Hunter and it was an incredibly moving time. At the entrance of tha chapel we had a huge Cross that you couldn't walk in without noticing, infact you had to walk around it to get it.

I then shared the journey of Jesus from praying in Gethsemane to Jesus' crucifixion. We sang here I am to worship and Above all. Leanne did a monologue called 'The Ragman' and at the end of that I went down the back, picked up the big cross and proceeded to the front. As the cross passed people by the Spirit of God began to really speak to to everyone and convict their hearts, He was doing this all along, but I believe that everyone at chapel was starting to respond.

I laid the cross down at the front of the chapel and invited all present to close their eyes and reflect what the cross meant to them. After about 30 seconds with everyone's eyes still closed I began to hit the cross with a hammer, as if I was nailing Jesus to the cross myself. It was a loud sound, a brutal sound. This startled people, it moved people, it made people uncomfortable, but most of all, it made it real to people.

Ken then shared a powerful message about how Jesus did what He did out of love. God was speaking powerfully through Ken, and Ken was listening very intently to the Spirit's lead.

Ken challenged all present asking "What are YOU bringing to the cross?". We had the opportunity to write down what we were bringing to the cross on some paper and then nail it to the cross. I had lots of thoughts going through my head with each nail I heard being hit into the cross. I was thinking how it was our sins that nailed Jesus to the cross and I was thinking that with each bang, it was the sound of victory.

Everyone at chapel was moved, challenged and convicted. It was a truly powerful time. Ken, Leanne and I prayed afterwards, and we were brought to tears when we reflected on and thanked God for moving so powerfully, we also asked that He would contine to move in a powerful way and that He would continue to exceed our expectations.

Later that day I had one of the clients come and ask me for a Bible. Hallelujah! She told me she wanted to read it to better understand it, because she is a Muslim. God continue to move in a powerful way! HALLELUJAH!!!

No comments: