Thursday, March 6, 2008

South Barwon!!!

Greetings in the name of the Lord!

It became official yesterday that as of the 3rd of June, 2008, I will take up an appointment as the Assistant Corps Officer, South Barwon Corps. Western Victoria Division.

I will still live at college and will continue in my study.

I am INCREDIBLY excited about this appointment and have been completely blown away by it at the same time. I had absolutely no idea that it would happen, so it's taken my by surprise.

I had a phone call today from Major Gloria Eldridge, the Corps Officer @ South Barwon. She rang to welcome me to the team and to South Barwon. I've known since last Friday and had to keep it confidential until I got confirmation from Major Frank Daniels.

Please pray for all involved in this appointment, the Corps Officer, the Corps folk, the college community, my family and friends and for me. That God would continue to guide and show Himself to us all.

On another note, I just got a call from my Dad, telling me that our family pet dog, Rocky had died. It's very sad. We've had Rocky since we came back from New Zealand, many years ago now. Pray that God would comfort my family.

God is constantly amazing me and surprising me. It's a wonderful relationship! Would love to hear from you guys! Keep going strong in the Lord!

Loads of Love, Prayers & Blessings Abundant!!

Cadet Stobielicious!!! XOXOXOXOXOX

8 comments:

Linda said...

Fantastic and God DOES continue to bless each and everyone of us daily. Love and Prayers Linda

Sarah Eldridge said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! I'm so glad it's official now and I can talk about it! :) AGH!!! MORE STOBES TIME!!!!!!!

I just know you are the PERFECT person to be appointed alongside Mum. You will love South Barwon, and grow so much there!! I only wish we weren't doing morning meetings now so I could spend more time with you!!! But at least you'll be close by and we can have coffee dates, and movies and the likes! Can't wait to see you!

Love you lots,
Sare xxx

PS. Am praying for you and your family, so sorry to hear about Rocky!

Amy said...

Rocky died?? When? Thats so sad! :'(

Congratulations on the Appointment Cadet, Very exciting!

Speak soon Love!
xox

Darren Lamotte said...

Congratulations Mate. Thanks for the text, we were so excited for you.( we even did the hairspray dance !) You will love South Barwon and it will be a great experience to work alongside Gloria.
Enjoy WA and we will catch up when you return.

Love and Prayers
Darren & Susan
Darren

JDK said...

Congratulations Stobes! South Barwon will be a great learning ground for you - the Eldridges are good people. Have fun!

Allison Ward said...

Congrats on your appointment!
Praying that this transition in your life will run smoothly.
Blessings!
ALlison

scott ellery said...

Does this mean that you're leaving college? So sad. Can I have all your books?
Congratulations mate. I know that God will mold you ,empower you and use you to do great things .
See you in 2 1/2 months!

dazz said...

Just got the news! Congrats and God be with you. I must check your blog more often......
How about putting an actual link to here on Fully Surrendered?