Saturday, April 12, 2008

A continual Conversation!

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

What a fabulous week I've had serving the Lord! What a privilege, what a blessing, what an honour it is to serve our Great King.

I love the Lord Jesus Christ and I absolutely love to serve Him. This week has been my first week at Rockingham and I am so, so blessed by the amazingly faithful work that is carried out here.

I've been able to serve God in the kitchen, serve God through the playing of instruments, serve God by cleaning, serve God by working welfare, serve God by doing stats/finances/admin work. And there is so much more!

You see friends, We have the amazing opportunity to serve God with whatever we are doing. Last year Major Daniels leant me a devotional book based on 'The Practise of the presence of God' by Brother Lawrence. The concept of this book is quite an amazing thing to grasp. Brother Lawrence talks about a CONTINUAL CONVERSATION with God. AMAZING! We believe that we're always in His presence, and He tells us in Joshua that He'll NEVER leave us, nor forsake us. So, doesn't it make sense to be always in conversation with Him? Continually! It means we can converse with God whether we are in Corporate worship, or private worship, whether we're gardening or cleaning or serving others. We can be in continaul conversation with God. What a HUGE privilege!

I love to serve God and I look forward to all He has in store for me, here in Rockingham. May I serve Him faithfully, in every situation and at every time. My God is so BIG, so STRONG and so MIGHTY and He is able! Hallelujah!

I'm praying that God would anoint me afresh with His mighty Holy Spirit, that I may bo totally, wholly and wholeheartedly focused on Him. Yes Lord, let it be so!

No comments: