Sunday, April 27, 2008

Will you jump?

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

We had an amazing time of worship at The Rockingham Corps this morning. The Spirit was moving in a powerful way. I thank God for His ministry to us all today.

I put together the lead for the meeting and was preaching. The theme of the service was 'A Soldier bound for glory', so we had a lot of Warfare/Soldier songs which really stirred and challenged the troops.

One of my roles, since starting at Rockingham is that of Acting Bandmaster, which I am enjoying immensley and am learning heaps from.

We started off the service with the band playing the prelude, which was Storm the forts of darkness. It was different to how we normally play it. I wrote a 4 bar fanfare to begin the song and each band member were standing around the worship hall. The congregation had no idea what was happening, but when they realised they started singing and praising God. It was amazing!

In the message, I spoke about being strong and courageous warriors! I used Scripture found in Joshua and I also spoke about the Founders vision of the lost. For the Altar call I felt a strong sense to do a call for Soldiers to re-commit and re-dedicate their lives to God. This also included a call for Soldiership and Adherency. There was a Soldier's Re-dedication certificate thing that we made up, with our doctrines and some other pledges on it that are found on the articles of war. I asked to Soldiers if they would 'Jump into the water' and save the multitudes that are perishing.

The Holy Spirit was moving in a powerful way! We celebrate God's presences!
We had 25 public responses made. 21 of those were Soldiers saying 'Yes, we will jump in again and again and we desire to re-dedicate ourselves to God Almighty'. 3 were members of the congregation saying 'We want to be Soldiers... We will jump and save the multitudes perishing'. And there was another guy who came up asking for prayer.

All glory to our Great, Holy and Living God! I trust you are rejoicing with me in this great victory!

Ohhh...How could I forget...I lead an Army Chorus time and asked for testimony's in between each chorus. People were sharing their testimony's and one guy said "I need to share a miracle that happend!!" Hallelujah!!!!

Glory, Honour, praise and power to our Great God!

Fire a volley!!! Hallelujah!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

HALLELUJAH! Praise be to God!!