Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Farewell Harry Hunter!

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

Well, here I am on the eve of my last day at the Harry Hunter Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation centre. There are many thoughts going through my head as I reflect on my time here.

I have witnessed first-hand the amazing power of God as He is the strength of many who enter and go through the program. I have seen the shackles of drug and alcohol addiction be completely abliterated by the power of God. I have people's lives changed by the Gospel of Christ. I have seen people making positive decisions in their recovery. I have seen people become more Christ-like. I have seen people saved and seen them hand over their whole lives completely to God! Hallelujah!

I have seen some people be dismissed from the program for various reasons. I have seen people decide to leave, again for various reasons. I've seen people move on to greater things, to continue in their recovery.

I've seen people graduate the program! I have seen people who have completed the program moving on and doing great things. I have built relationships with people. I have shared Jesus with people. I've been involved in the lives of those doing the program, and have had them be a significant part of my life.

I have learnt so much. I've grown so much in my awareness of addictions. I've learnt about the program. I've learnt more about God. I've learnt more about myself.

Saying goodbye is always going to be hard. Especially because I love people and have built such great relationships with those here, so it will be sad to say goodbye. However, with every goodbye, is a hello, and in a matter of days I will be saying hello to my new family in Rockingham. God is good!

God is able! He is able to do more than we could ever ask or imagine! My prayer for the whole of my time in WA has been that God would 'exceed my expectations'. My expectations have been very high and God has well and truly exceeded them, and I believe He'll continue to exceed them. He is faithful!

2 comments:

Amy said...

God is forever faithful! Your doing well over there and certainly learning heaps by the sounds of it. Cant wait to have you back here tho!

Love and God Bless! Miss you tons :)

Brian's Blog said...

Just wondering if you made friends with the geese?

Blessings!!!