Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hello Rockingham!!!

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

I'm in Rockingham and it is an absolutely beautiful place. My unit that I'm staying at is right on the beach, and on Monday I'll start having my morning devos on the beach - Bless the Lord O my soul!

Captains Lance and Anne Jeffrey are the Corps Officers here, and it really is an honour to be serving under then at Rockingham. They have a heart for the community and for God. It's amazing to see all that God is doing through them. Please pray for God's Spirit to continue to move in a powerful way in Rockingham.

I don't have a phone in my unit, so my main communication with be internet (when I'm at the hall) and my mobile phone. So give me a call sometime!

This weekend we have a huge mussel festival on the foreshores. So you know where I'll be going after church on Sunday. haha - My Dad LOVES mussels....I'll try not to tease him about it!

Yesterday was my first day in Rockingham and it was a jam-packed day! The Salvos here were involved in helping a man from the community by doing a garden make-over. They did this with a substantial amount of help from Bunnings Warehouse. They went to Bunnings and started the ball rolling and Bunnings then ran the project. It was a great experience...Do you need grass laid? Give me a call...

Then we had about 30 kids at Kids Club in the afternoon. Most of you know that I LOVE kids ministry, so this was really exciting to see all that is going on with the kids in Rockingham. Then Lance, Mavis and I went collecting at 6 pubs. It was wonderful!

And I finished the night, sitting down with Lance watching the Doggies vs. the Saints. And the Bulldogs were victorious!! I'm an avid Bulldogs supporter!!! Go the Doggies!!!

I'm really excited about what God is doing and I'm getting a growing sense that it's really only the beginning! Lord, use us to do Your will! Hallelujah!

Hope you're all doing well and going strong in the Lord!!

All of God's abundant blessings to you!!!

Shalom!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Keep up God's work and read the General lastest pastoral letter on children! God's Blessing to you and all who you come in contact with.

Linda

Heart to God, Hand to Man said...

What an absolute blessing to God to hear the passion with which you embrace each opportunity for ministry. Who would have thought turf could fire someone up like this! Praise God for your love, commitment and joy. Check out Micah 7:11.

jan magor said...

You are amazing.............God Bless You and all that you do, but hurry home!! we miss you!

Amy said...

I think its time to update my name on your blog list! I still want to be first so how about something like "Amy Peters - Soldier"
hehehe.
missin you tons
xoxox