Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Time!

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

It's Christmas time! So far, I've carolled 5 times, wrapped thousands of presents, tested Christmas food and have been to 4 Christmas carol services...AND it's only the 9th of December! I love Christmas time. It's a great opportunity to share a great message of hope, love and peace. For unto us a child was born - a child that is the Saviour of the world! While for many Christmas is a wonderful time of joy and celebration with families and friends, there are those who do not enjoy Christmas. I learnt this week that for clients in courts and prisons this time of year has the highest suicide rate. I was immensley sad when I found out that. A time where we celebrate the great hope found in Christ is also the time when some consider ending it all. Would you make some time each day to pray for those who are not seeing any hope this Christmas. Oh Lord give them hope, may they come to know you - the Eternal Love and Hope.

For a number of years now some friends and I have had this little tradition where we go to the big carols service at the Werribee Mansion and sing really loud and dance and eat lots of food. Well last night was our night. It was the Wyndham City Carols @ the Werribee Mansion. There was an estimated 9,000/10,000 or so people coming to the carols service. My very good friends, Bree & Kym (and some others) and I went to the carols. I praise God that my friends and I spoke about Him alot and about what I've been learning at the Training College. This carol service is outdoors and organised by the local Ministers Network. Completely focused on God. There was great singing, a live Nativity scene and lots of people. I thank God for my friends and for the source of inspiration they are to me.

There is only a week and a half left of College and then the first year is completed. For all those who have journeyed with me for the whole year - where has the year gone? I praise God for this year and for all that has taken place. He is faithful.

Just a prayer request - Could you please pray for my older sister Bernadette, her husband and their 3year old son, Harley. Bernadette lost her Dad on Saturday. Please pray for comfort, peace and strength. And pray that they would come to know Christ and be in relationship with Him!

God we thank you for the great gift you gave us - Jesus. We praise You because You still love us and You continually give us gifts. We pray that all people would know the hope that is found in Jesus this Christmas. May You use us to be that hope to the people around us. We are Your children. Hallelujah! Amen.

1 comment:

james said...

hey mate, theyre in my prayers!

i was really impressed with the carols at werribee, no santa but lots of Jesus. And thats what people knew they were coming to. i loved the front cover of the carols booklet, "helping celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ!" Hallelujah!