Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Court & Prison Chaplains

Greetings in the name of Jesus!

My day on Monday started much earlier than usual. Our new TP, Captain Stephen Court introduced Kneedrill (prayer meeting) to go from 5:30am - 6:00am. It was great! Then I headed off to the Victorian Office for Court & Prison Chaplains. It was the start of my placement. What a brilliant day. I am incredibly blessed to be under the leadership of Major David Brunt, who is the state co-ordinater of the court and prison chaplains. Major Brunt has a wealth of knowledge and experience. I count it a true honour to be able to learn from him - I'm soaking up his knowledge.

My elective for the Second Semester was at the Eastern Victoria Division's Sports ministries (SABAV). Last night was the presentation dinner. It was great. I didn't get a trophy, but I did get a napkin and a little sticker celebrate my great achievement of being the best benchwarmer in the league. I did play almost every game, but as you are all probably aware, I was far from being the best player. But it was fun and it was a great time to celebrate all that I had learnt from the Sports ministries.

Today saw most of the Court & Prison chaplains, Business people, school students and other helpers come together to make up 3000 showbag type things to be distributed to all the prisoners across the state. We also wrapped HEAPS of presents for their children. It was a long day, but it was a really good day too. It was lots of fun, especially seeing as though, Cassie, Kimmi, Brit, Caitlyn and Mel were there. They worship @ Waverley Temple and they love the Lord with all their heart. It's was an honour to work together for the Lord in this way. The Victorian chaplains are second to none and are absolutely amazing. They love their work, they love God, they love the people they work with. They have much compassion and a huge amount of knowledge and experience. I thank God for them each!

Major Brunt shared with me that for a lot of prisoners, Christmas time is far from being a happy and fun time. Infact, it's the complete opposite. Christmas time has the highest rate of suicide. I almost cried when Major Brunt shared that with me. This time where most of us have great joy and happiness, is for others a great time of loneliness and sadness. This Christmas, may we all share to Hope of Jesus! Will you pray for those prisoners during this time? I know you will! God we thank you for all you have done for us. Thanks for sending Jesus so that we may have an eternal hope, that hope of a lifetime spent with you. We give you praise. We love you. Hallelujah! Amen!

3 comments:

jan magor said...

Bless you Stobie, we Love you!

caity said...

yay! we made it to your blog! now i'm famous. i had a ball wrapping and bagging with ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey - we gave you a hoodie, water bottle, towel and bag - isn't that better than a trophy?